Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition is an internationally renowned open access journal publishing contemporary research across the global health landscape for over 35 years. The journal publishes articles across a broad range of topics including global health, maternal and child health, nutrition, common illnesses, and determinants of population health with a special focus on research from low- and middle-income countries.
BioMed Central is seeking to appoint a Co-Editor-in-Chief to work alongside Professor Swapan K. Roy in leading the journal.
The newly appointed Co-Editor-in-Chief will have full editorial responsibility for the content published in the Journal and for ensuring that the ethos, editorial standards, policies and scope of Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition are maintained. They will also be responsible for providing strategic guidance and overseeing the commissioning of non-research content.
The ideal candidates will be:
- Researchers with broad experience in global health related to the aims and scope of the journal.
- Experienced as journal Editors, with strong critical analysis and appraisal skills, and a good understanding of peer review and publication ethics.
- Keen supporters of open access publishing.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership.
- Excellent strategic planners with the ability to develop a clear vision for Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition.
- Interested in building strong community relationships at all levels.
- Keen to innovate and continuously develop Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition.
- Engaged with technology and willing to use the journal’s online submission and peer review tools.
- Able to dedicate time on a regular basis to a busy and thriving journal.
Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition is currently supported by an Editorial Office run by the publisher for administrative services, and is further supported by a committed team of Section Editors. The position offers a small honorarium. Whilst the time commitment is flexible, we anticipate the post-holder would also have a full-time academic position.
Term of appointment
The term of office will be for five years, with a potential option for renewal by mutual consent for a further five years.
Further details regarding the role and a detailed job description can be obtained by contacting Tamara May, Associate Publisher, at email@example.com.
Applications should include a full CV, a letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the post, and an outline of what your editorial policy and vision might be. Applications should be sent to Tamara May at firstname.lastname@example.org.