Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition is recruiting Section Editors. As the growth of the journal continues, we must also ensure that it is able to cope with increased submissions whilst maintaining our high editorial standards. Therefore, we are looking to expand our editorial team.
We encourage applications from researchers with a background in a range of subject areas, broadly covered by the below:
- Health economics
- Health systems
- Infectious diseases
- Maternal, newborn, and child health
- Non-communicable diseases
- Reproductive health and family planning
Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition is an internationally renowned open access journal publishing contemporary research across the global health landscape for over 35 years. The journal publishes articles across a broad range of topics including global health, maternal and child health, nutrition, common illnesses, and determinants of population health, with a special focus on research from low- and middle-income countries.
Who are we looking for?
We are interested in individuals who are engaged and are willing to handle a minimum of two manuscripts per month within their field of expertise.
You should have a minimum of twenty research papers published in reputable peer-review journals.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Section Editor, your contribution to the journal would involve joining an international board of academic Editors who are responsible for checking the suitability of manuscripts within their field of expertise and guiding them through the peer review process. The core responsibilities of a Section Editor lie in three main areas: journal development, peer review and journal advocacy.
- The Section Editor handles new manuscripts submitted to their section, ensuring peer review is swift, thorough and efficient, and that appropriate peer reviewers are selected
- The Section Editor ensures all manuscripts recommended for acceptance meet the standards and scope of the journal
- Highlighting promotion-worthy content to the Journal Publishing Editor and Editors-in-Chief Providing feedback and suggesting improvements for the journal
- Writing occasional reviews or commentaries for the journal upon invitation
- Suggesting commissioning opportunities in your topic areas
- The Section Editor is an ambassador for the journal in their field, encouraging submissions and highlighting the ethos, scope and aims of the journal
- Where called upon, the Section Editor assists the Editor-in-Chief in preparing and executing strategies to develop the journal
Our Section Editors will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support.